Why Need Google Search Console? : An Introduction
Google Search Console, formerly known as Google Webmaster Tool(GWT) is a free tool to help you in your presence in google. You don’t compulsorily have to register there but it can certainly help you to see the results and optimize them. The most important is that google search console is completely free! So let’s try to find why need google search console?
Why Need Google Search Console?
- It will help you in search engine ranking optimization.
- You will be able to see the statistics of your website.
- Make sure that google can access you site’s content.
- With search console you can submit new content which you want to show and can remove the old content which you don’t want to show.
- You will be able to see any malware being shown in to your website i.e. any content may be missing or any errors with the content.
- You can see that which queries caused your website in the search results.
- You can see did some queries brought more traffic to your website.
- Which sites are linking to your website?
- You can see that is you mobile site is performing well when a user performs a search from a mobile?
So all the above points are where you must use the google search console. Now there is question that who should use the google search console. Let’s find the answer of this question.
Who & Why Need Google Search Console?
Anyone, yes anyone with a website can use the google search console. Search console can certainly help you. Let’s see who can use the google search console:
Business Owner Who Delegate
Google search console can yield fruitful results to a business owner. As with search console a business owner can see all the statistics and ranking of its website. A business owner who don’t know how to use search console, can hire webmaster or marketing specialist and can learn at least basics. This will help a business man to take important decisions about his business.
SEO Specialist or Marketer
As google search console gives you statistics about your site and can certainly help you in your site’s online presence. And therefore it can be very helpful to SEO specialist. With search console an online marketer or SEO specialist can take the decisions on their site online presence with their competitors. They can also use Google Analytics, Google Trends and Google Adwords with google console.
As a site administrator you are always be thinking on healthy operation with your site. With google search console you can resolve some issues related to servers. You can also identify the issue like hacking or malware. You can also easily maintenance site with respect to search performance.
If you are a web developer and creating an actual markup or code then search console can really help you monitor and resolve common issues with markup such as errors in structured data.
If you are owner of an app then you certainly want to know how users are finding your app through google. Search console can certainly help you in this.
Account Creation and Registration Process
Till this we have seen that what is search console, how is it useful and who should use it. Now let’s understand how we can create a new account in google search console. The new account creation process is fairly simple. First of all click on the following link:
and you will see following:
Firstly you have to login with your google account then after you have to add your website. See in the image you may be seeing the red button containing text “ADD PROPERTY???. Provide you website url in the text box besides it. Then click on that red button.
The next step is that you have to verify that you are owner of that website. For this purpose click the verify site link. The easiest way to verify the website is to uploading an HTML file. Choose this option from the verification method drop-down and follow the following verification steps:
- Click the Download verification file link and save the file to your local computer.
- Connect to your hosting account via an FTP Client or using cPanel -> File manager and upload the downloaded file under the webroot directory (most commonly public_html) for your domain name.
- Verify that the file is successfully uploaded by visiting the proposed link.
- Finally click the verify button.
At this point you will be redirected to verified website’s google search console dashboard. And now you have completed the process.
I hope that we have found enough reasons that why need google search console. I hope that you have enjoyed this article and found some valuable information within it. If you have any questions then you are welcome to ask them.