Magento Vs OpenCart : Which One Is Better? – A Comparison
Magento Vs OperCart : Introduction
There are plenty of open source technologies available in the market. Which technology is suited to which business is a question of suitability. Different open source technologies are built to suite special kind of business. Like WordPress was specially designed for blogger. In present article we will see two open source technologies like Magento and OpenCart. We will analyze each one in detail. And will come to a solution that which one is better. The main focus in the end shall be on magento vs opencart.
What is Magento?
Magento is an ecommerce platform which is built on open source technology. It is especially suited to build ecommerce store. Magento is easy to use and we can extend its functionality by installing plugins in them. Magento provides the powerful marketing and search engine optimization and catalog management tools. It is believed that magento is one of the powerful ecommerce technology available today.
Benefits Of Using Magento
- Magento is easy to install and we can add layout and functionality by adding plug-ins.
- Magento is built on open source technology with which you can built flexible and scalable ecommerce stores.
- Magento is effective and cost sensitive program.
- Magento provides more than 50 payment gateways.
- Magento allows various discounts and promotions during check-out.
We have seen now enough on magento and I hope that you have got enough idea about magento. If you want to learn more on magento then click here. Now let’s see what is opencart and how is it working.
What Is Opencart?
Opencart is another free open source platform for building ecommerce stores. We can simply choose our theme or template and can add products and we are ready to accept orders. The beauty of opencart lies in its simplicity. Open cart is SEO friendly and available in multi languages. Enough community support is available in opercart.
Benefits Of Using Opencart
- Open cart is open source so you do not have to pay a single rupee.
- Unlimited Categories and Unlimited Products are supported from open cart.
- Open cart supports automatic image resizing feature.
- Backup and Restore tools are also available in open cart.
- Open cart supports Unlimited Module Instance System.
- Open cart also supports unlimited information pages.
- Open cart gives you more flexibility on look and feel over templates.
Now as we have enough understanding on magento and open cart. For more detail on open cart click here. Let’s now move on to which one is better.
Magento Vs OpenCart – Which One Is Better?
When every a project developed it has certain requirement. Based on these requirements the most suitable technology has to be decided. There is no universal acceptable solution for any project is available. When it comes to compare these two technologies the following questions has to be answered by the client and based on that one open source technology has to be selected.
Questions to be answered:
- Do you work with a professional web development company or a budget to do so?
- Are you looking to get your product online fast or are you looking to have custom solution with total control over enhanced UX?
- Is SEO performance is top priority?
- Will you be running multiple stores?
- How important is support?
- Do you need to integrate your ecommerce with a WordPress Blog?
Magento And Open Cart Both Has Similar Advantages
- Both are open source platform and neither limits the users.
- Both are popular and has great community support.
- Both are developed in PHP.
- Both are global ecommerce platforms supporting multiple languages and most currencies.
- Both use templates top upload products and can be maintained by non-programmers.
Magento Vs OpenCart : Conclusion
After looking at both we can conclude that open cart is great for start-ups and speed to market. It provides powerful ecommerce shopping cart and great tools with a minimal investment.